Reaching out to the wider Jewish Communities of North East London and Essex
Chabad Lubavitch locally reaches out to people living across the County of Essex including: Ilford ( its head office),Redbridge, Clayhall, Buckhurst Hill, Chigwell, Woodford, Newbury Park, Epping and Harlow and as far as Westcliff and Southend, around the clock, every day of every week and of every year.
- 80 children attending Cheder classes weekly in three locations, Sunday, Tuesday & Wednesday.
- 130 people enjoy Shabbat hospitality each month, trebled during the Festival periods.
- 150 adults and teenagers attend Classes & discussion groups each month.
- 500 people participate in the Centre’s programme each week.
- Family Friday night with special themes attracting different age groups are help 8 times a year.
- Patients in three local hospitals are visited each week.
- The elderly, infirm and housebound are regularly visited in their homes often supporting those in need with practical support.
- Summer holiday programmes are provided for 5 weeks per year
- Up to 150 children per day attend our successful Winter & Summer camp programmes.
- Lunch & Learns held regularly in schools and local businesses.
- Support lessons are provided as needed in both the KKS & WIJPS local School campuses.
- Teenage girls enjoy social, friendship and security at Bat Mitzvah Club and Teen scene social interaction.
- Children broaden their thinking and development at weekend clubs in conducive environments.
- Our helpline supports & counsels those in need with all kinds of issues including: marital issues, parent / teenage relationships, relationship issues, unemployment, terminal illness and bereavement.
- Mediation services.
- Specialist addictions services and counselling is available, led by Rabbi Sufrin MBE, himself an addictions counsellor in excess of 30 years.
- Prison visitation in numerous HMP prisons across London & periodically the UK.
- Training programmes for post seminary young men and women (18/19) in preparation for community leadership roles as they plan their futures.
- Inter Community Synagogue & Communal liaison & partnerships.
WITH YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT JUST IMAGINE HOW MUCH MORE WE COULD ACHIEVE!