Chabad Lubavitch Centre,
Doris Shpiro House,
397 Eastern Avenue, Gants Hill, Ilford, Essex, IG2 6LR, England
By Telephone: +44 (0)20 8554 1624
Rabbi Aryeh Sufrin MBE
Rabbi Aryeh Sufrin, together with his wife Devorah, moved to Ilford, Essex in 1983, following in the footsteps of his parents who moved to the area in 1976. The first Chabad House of 1500 sq foot was opened in 1983. In January 2001 Chabad moved into its new and refurbished 4,000 sq foot Centre. It houses its synagogue, The “ADS” Lending Library, named after Rabbi Sufrin’s late father, Rev Aron Dov Sufrin z”l, who passed away in 1997, now named the “ADS & Hennie” Library, following the passing of Mrs Hennie Sufrin in 2010,Judaica Shop, Hebrew Classes, counselling services.
Rabbi Sufrin founded Drugsline a unique non denominational chemical abuse programme which he headed for 23 years and closed in 2012. Using his expertise and knowledge gained Rabbi Sufrin, himself a licensed substance misuse counsellor continues to support individuals and families in crisis, in addition to holding the post as “consultant” to Norwood Drugs Line.
In 2014 Rabbi Sufrin together with his wife Devorah launched a 5 year development and growth plan for Chabad of North East London & Essex, which is now successfully being implemented.
Rabbi Sufrin is Rabbi to our own Synagogue, Beis Hamedrash Chabad.
E-mail Rabbi Sufrin – By Telephone: +44 (0)20 8554 1624
Mrs Devorah Sufrin
Co-Director, Head of Education & Special Projects
Mrs Devorah Sufrin heads special projects including The Monthly Women’s Circle, Sunday Cheder Classes and children’s service on Shabbat and Festivals, Bat Mitzvah Classes, Bat Mitzvah Clubs, Teenscene, Marriage Preparation Classes, and is editor of “What;s News Magazine” produced 4 times a year.
E-mail Mrs Sufrin – By Telephone: +44 (0)20 8554 1624
Rabbi Odom & Henny Brandman
Rabbi Odom Brandman, together with wife Henny, moved to Essex in 2006, as Directors of the Chabad House in Buckhurst Hill.
In addition to all the responsibilities of running a Chabad House, Rabbi Brandman and Henny lead the Centre’s well-established and successful summer and winter day camps, youth letter extra curricular associated activities.
Mrs Brocha Muller
Shlucha, Assistant JWC Events Programming
Mrs Brocha Muller moved to Ilford, together with her husband Rabbi Moshe Muller z”l, in 1996. Sadly Rabbi Muller passed away on the 1st of Iyar 2016. Mrs Muller continues to live in the area and supports Mrs Sufrin in arranging the centres programming.
Sarah Koch | Shira Malka
Meet our Shluchos,
left to right Sarah Koch, Shira Malka
Sarah and Shira are from Jerusalem, Israel
Their roles include children services, teenage discussion groups, Hebrew classes in Gants Hill and Southend, Batmitzvah club. Weekly programs on the King Soloman and IJPS school campus. Visits to the elderly and the lonely at home and at the old age home.
In addition various supporting roles in the Gants Hill Office and to Mrs Sufrin